National Tea Day is just around the corner, April 21st 2019 to be precise, so if you are thinking of inviting your friends round for a brew and a slice of lemon drizzle but feel that your kitchen is in need of some TLC, then keep on reading! We have some great tips on how you can achieve the wow factor with a stunning splash back or a worktop that sets a sophisticated tone for your afternoon tea affair.
Tea-rrific splash backs and worktops
A kitchen upgrade need not cost the Earth. You can achieve a brand new look by switching up your work surface or perhaps you are feeling inspired and want your creative personality to play a part in your kitchen design. Whatever look you want to achieve, be it calm and relaxing or a place you can host parties and events, our team of experts (at our stunning showroom in Fleet) are more than happy to answer any questions that you may have or simply point you in the right direction. Some options that we can offer you include the following:
• Digitally printed designs
• Heat resistant splash backs
• Scratch resistant worktops
• Over 50 years of combined experience
A hug in a mug
Let us take care of your kitchen and you can get back to that brew of yours and focus on the things that matter most to you – namely inviting your friends round for that lemon drizzle that we spoke about earlier or perhaps you are more of a chocolate cake fan. Whatever your preferences, here are some facts about National Tea Day that are bound to leave you brewing.
• We drink 165 million cups of tea a day.
• By the 18th century, tea replaced gin and ale as the nation’s favourite drink.
• Tea first emerged over 5,000 years ago in China.
• The concept of afternoon tea is reported to have originated from Anna, 7th Duchess of Bedford, in the 1800s.
• The first tea bags were made of silk and were created by an American named Thomas Sullivan in 1908.
How can I get involved with National Tea Day?
There are lots of different ways you can get involved next month, whether you choose to invite some close friends round for a quick catch up over a brew, raise funds for local charities and causes or hold an afternoon tea event at work for you and your colleagues. Here are some tips from us all at Glass Inspirations:
• Hold a Communi-Tea Event to help raise funds for your local Age UK shop. You could get the whole community involved and create a day out for elderly locals and their families. Tea, scones, cakes and sandwiches could be donated, residents could enter a bake-off competition and fun activities could be on offer for younger guests.
• Get everyone at work to bake some cakes, supply a wide range of teas such as English Breakfast, Mint and Earl Grey and have tea time with the whole office. If the weather is nice you could have a picnic outside. You could hold a tea quiz and have a prize for the winner.
• Attend the quintessentially British FesTeaVal event at Chiswick House and Gardens in London who are collaborating with a mental health charity called MIND to help re-ignite our love for tea. The event will be providing meditation, yoga, an afternoon tea runway, Iced Tea Beach and many more relaxing activities. Tickets are on sale for £15 with 10% of the profits going to Mind.
Builders Tea. We like our tea just like our glass – strong!
At Glass Inspirations, our experts take care of all of the small details and ensure that your dream becomes a reality. Therefore, you can focus on getting back to that jam and cream scone and cup of Earl Grey tea. Whilst we may not necessarily agree with you on how to make the best tea, we can guarantee that when it comes to your kitchen, we will do everything in our power to deliver a service personalised to you.
Happy National Tea Day from us all at Glass Inspirations.